Saturday, November 17, 2018

Dark Chocolate Cookies


Grinned at the long tube of cookies. I haven't had them for a while. I always buy a few tins when I'm in London. But I haven't passed by that way for years. L was on quite a mad work trip, and that girl somehow squeezed out a pocket of time to get out for a bit and even found space to stuff a tube of these dark chocolate cookies into her suitcase and brought them home for meeeee. There was no occasion—she just wanted to do so. I was super appreciative!

I have a weakness for dark chocolate biscuits/cookies or sablés. The less sweet it is, the better; the higher the percentage of cacao, the more I welcome the dessert. Fortnum & Mason retails a decent version that's about as sweet as I can bear. Although I now see the macadamia nuts in the photo, I don't actually taste them. Perhaps it's always ignored since the dark chocolate is the star.

It was a hectic morning, but the afternoon was free. I blocked out that chunk of time after 2pm so that I could comfortably be at home to...read a book. Of course there would be an afternoon coffee, and I thought, 'why don't we open up the tube and have ourselves some cookies?' I did just that. I was greedy! One should be enough, but I felt like having three pieces. Hurhurhur. I take my coffee thick and black anyway. Those cookies were slowly savored and lasted longer than the cup of coffee. It was a rather lovely breezy afternoon on the patio.

6 comments:

nua-ster said...

ooo.. the cookies look good! i've yet to find one tt's not sweet enough for me to love... all the commercial ones out there are too sweet.. >.<

imp said...

since i don't bake, and cannot ask my friends to keep baking them for me, i resort to buying. But not from anywhere in SG. too sweet lah, unless it's those home bakers selling it. I usually buy them from little shops sited overseas that i know do good versions. Same goes for my jams and peanut butters too!

nua-ster said...

ya! sg ones are just too sweet.. sigh..
oh.. for peanut butter, adams is a good brand. =)

imp said...

Heh! Adams peanut butter is delicious!

Cavalock said...

Oh! We bought this too last month in London. Still unopened on the kitchen tabletop. :)

imp said...

@Cavalock: it’s super crumbly. Use a scissors to open the packs. They’re split into 2 separate and individually sealed packs in the tube.