Wednesday, March 27, 2019

7.30am Mondays


I was highly annoyed when the gym arbitrarily canceled the Monday 11.15am slot for LES MILLS GRIT™Strength. Nothing else replaced it. There're no classes at 11.15am anymore. I like GRIT™Strength at this time slot led by my favorite instructor. It's before the lunch peak, and I get a reprieve in the showers before the crowds whoosh in. 😕😤

What I'm displeased about, and made it known in writing (of which there aren't any replies from the gym, as expected), was how the gym didn't even give fair notice about it. It simply removed the class from the timetable (online), and told their instructors to announce it a week before implementation. It felt like they couldn't care less about what we thought. This 11.15am slot wasn't an empty class. There were plenty of people who attend it. It's sooo disruptive to my schedule. What the gym has done, is push me away from them. And thoughts of not renewing the membership have floated up more often.

Somehow, I enjoy starting the week with a GRIT™Strength class. I'm fussy about instructors. They're important because I'm not so disciplined to push myself that far. The instructors play a large part in encouraging me to go nearer to fatigue point. As the years go by, the number of instructors whose classes I enjoy has reduced. To be honest, if the last three instructors (I'm fond of) leave the gym or their classes get rescheduled to an impossible timing and inconvenient venue, then that's the final nail in the coffin.

Now I have to do the Monday 7.30am class at another outlet of the gym, if I want to follow said favorite instructor. I wake up at 6.15am and roll to class in a daze. I have to be extra careful with form in order to remain injury-free. My body and muscles aren't warm enough for a 7.30am class. ARRRRGGGGGH. 😒😠

No comments: