Saturday, March 16, 2019

A Cranberry and Orange Loaf


Y’s on a roll with her new Panasonic bread maker and has been churning out crazy delicious loaves. She baked me a fluffy cranberry and orange loaf. Awwwwwww. Gifts of food are always super appreciated! I sliced it up and put them into a box to sit in the fridge. Sure, there's sugar within the bread, and from the dried cranberries. But the sugar levels were kept low and very tolerable. I don't mind it at all. It goes great with natural Greek yoghurt. It could also go with savory items.

I was happily eating a slice a day. I didn't need to eat it with butter or yoghurt or anything else. It made for a quick grab-and-go nibble when I was rushing out for early morning meetings or gym classes. I don't bother to heat up bread usually. I kinda like my food cold, most of the time. Hahaha.

Kept refrigerated in the air-tight box, the slices of bread lasted well. As much as I love bread, I didn’t inhale them all. There were two slices left for the man to try. When the man got home from his long-haul flight and went straight to bed, he woke up to a decent breakfast. He loved the cranberry and orange flavors and the texture of the loaf too. He likes his bread toasted and hearty. The bread was a good base for a sunny side-up with homegrown basil leaves. Mmmm.

No comments: