Saturday, April 27, 2019

Dancing Fish Signature at TANGS

The friends and I have been lunching at Dancing Fish Signature at TANGS Level 4. It's a convenient location for many of us, and the Indonesian menu serves up really decent food so far. They take reservations, so make them, because it's quite popular and fills up fast. Drinking water is chargeable and refillable, at S$0.30 per glass. At least I can offset the Tangs card rebate at the restaurant, so that's okay.

I love the restaurant's salads. I normally don't take starfruit as a fruit. It's not my favorite thing. But stirred in with kecap manis and onions as belimbing salad, I love it. The mango kerabu and the pucuk paku kerabu are just as appetizing. The menu isn't extensive, but it's wide enough and fairly dependable. Salads, fish, prawns, omelette, cumi-cumi, oxtail, chicken and duck and tauhu telor. Works for me. None of us have gotten to its choices of dessert though. Hahaha.

The so-called 'dancing fish' is its deep fried tilapia. I don't quite take that. I prefer its ikan seabass bakar. I'm not into deep fried things; so I’ll take its grilled items. The buntut belado enak is rather tasty and somehow fatty, perfect if you like oxtail. The bebek and ayam panggang are delicious. I like how its mains are served with many choices of sambal and chillies, and also dabu-dabu. I very much enjoyed the sambal matah that comes with the duck. However, while the food is flavorful, it isn't all spicy. Unless you put in all the sambal and chillies that are served at the side. Heh. The general profile of the restaurant's food leans sweet.

No comments: