Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Tomatoes, Cheese and A Red

While I’m done with being housebound and have gone out gallivanting, I have mostly hung out with faeriefolk, declining all other peripheral invitations. I don't feel like increasing the pace of my social life. The faeriefolk offer a safe space and they won’t mind if I get tired and can’t stay out all day and all night.

Sat down with V for a looong dinner at trusty La Strada. The restaurant offers dependably consistent pasta, and importantly, easy access in spite of the crazy rains. Tasting portions of linguine vongole for V and a scallop and crabmeat tagliatelle for me. Ahhhhh. Nothing better than time spent with the dear girlfriend. It's a very simple equation. Friends + Carbs done well = happiness. 🖤

I didn’t waive my right to alcohol. I've cut down loads, but nobody said that I can’t have alcohol. I am watching the intake lah. 12 ounces (341ml) a week is cool. I always have a soft spot for Italian reds. Special occasions are always made lovelier when accompanied a bottle of Italian red. Tonight, a delightful bottle of Piedmont red (E. Pira & Figli Chiara Boschis Barolo DOCG Via Nuova 2001) between us was nicely polished off along with the pasta. After we declined to consider dessert, an unexpectedly nice gesture (by the restaurant) suddenly appeared at our table. It was a complimentary platter of cheese. Oof! We finished it. Hurhurhur.

No comments: