Thursday, September 26, 2019

The 2016 Discovery Cabernet Sauvignon


Groaned when I realized that a batch of wines we shipped in from Margaret River, Perth WA, is available in Singapore. It’s the exact bottle that we handed out as gifts to our friends. (Except to those people who came back from summer holidays in California, France and Italy.  NO NEW WORLD WINE FOR YOU GUYS, YOU HAVE YOUR OLD WORLD BEAUTIES. Hahahah.) It's Domaine Naturaliste's 2016 Discovery cabernet sauvignon. Sooooo annoying. And I thought I did my homework. Ah well. 😖

When I walked the dog that evening and took a pit stop at Wine Connection, I rolled my eyes. The exact bottle was in stock and it currently retails at S$45 (S$40.50 if you're a member). I only wanted a glass of wine, so I paid S$11 for it. Grrrrr. We definitely bought it for a lot cheaper (per bottle count), even after shipping in cases and dutifully paying Singapore taxes. Pfffft. Luckily Wine Connectin doesn’t carry the whites that we bought fro, Domaine Naturaliste, for now.

We intentionally bought from smaller wineries and cross checked with the wine suppliers in Singapore. Obviously I wasn't thorough enough. At least we've visited the Margaret River winery on a rainy afternoon and enjoyed our tastings. We thought that the 2016 Discovery cabernet sauvignon was easy and pretty decent. Domaine Naturaliste's whites are surprisingly beautiful too, and better than their reds. We bought many bottles from this winery.

Domaine Naturaliste in Wilyabrup, Margaret River, WA.

No comments: