Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Mud Rock Ceramics


JC kindly helped me do a bit of shopping at a sale hosted by Mud Rock Ceramics. I wanted only three items- a dessert plate, a small coffee tumbler and a bowl for granola. She selected the most lovely designs, hauled them home, and lugged them out to hand them to me over a delicious lunch.

As much as I love hand thrown plates, cups and saucers, I rein in my impulses to stock up the shelves with them. Because they can't go into the dishwasher, and I honestly cannot be bothered to hand wash them all the time. These hand-built items can only hold non-greasy foods. The shelves in the pantry hold items from Weekend WorkerSchool of Clay ArtsStudio Asobi and now, Mud Rock Ceramics. While the principles of pottery, glazing and techniques are similar, the end products, after being fired in the kiln, will never look the same. They always carry the signature touch of the potter.

I had wanted to open up the new pack of beans from Drop Coffee, gifted from JG's trip to Stockholm. Had to wait. The haze caused my sinuses to go crazy; with a packed schedule of roundtables and panel discussions to facilitate, I even lost my voice. Besides antihistamines, I refused to take extra medication. Avoided coffee and alcohol, and tanked up on water and fruits. Finally opened it up this week. It was a gorgeous brew of Sidamo from Hunkute, Ethiopia. Such good coffee ought to be contained in a lovely mug, and the tumbler from Mud Rock Ceramics that JC had picked out is perfect for all my coffee needs at home. 

2 comments:

coboypb said...

Glad to know that you are enjoying them with your breakfast, snacks and coffee. Luckily the haze period seems to be over.

imp said...

it's all thanks to your tip about the sale and help in acquiring these beautiful pieces. :)