Wednesday, November 27, 2019

A Bum Bag!


Walking Choya requires some items to be brought along. I have lightweight cotton totes to sling over the shoulder. They do the job fine. But as we move into monsoon season, I was hoping for a water-resistant hands-free bag. My current crossbody bags aren't exactly water-resistant, and the Freitag is too big. However, on some rainy days, a light raincoat with pockets is more practical. If it rains any heavier, the dog won't want to get out to be soaked anyway. Hahaha.

Found a hands-free option when I was randomly walking through the mall. I don't quite dig the color, but it isn't unoffensive. The Herschel hip pack seems practical. Haha, yes, however it's designed, it's called a 'fanny pack'. These bags are back in fashion now I suppose. I'm calling it 'bum bag'. Whatever it is called, it frees up my hands to control the leash, and it stays on my ass while I pick up poop and wipe the dog's butt. Then I don't have to contend with a swinging bag on my shoulder.

Packed stuff in for the evening walk when it was drizzling. The bum bag carries the poop bags and wipes fine, along with the phone and estate access card. It also fits a water bottle and a tiny collapsible bowl. Best. The man was ridiculously tickled and kept calling it a 'fanny pack', saying that he'd never carry one. Okay lor. I'm using it anyway. It's really practical. I only carry the bum bag when I'm walking the dog, i.e, I'd be in gym gear. That combination doesn't look that bad what.

No comments: