Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Spaghetti & Meatballs


Spaghetti and meatballs are like this basic pasta dish that everyone loves. It's comforting, and tasty, provided you like tomato sauce and meats. Anybody can do this dish, but it's the way you do it that determines the awesomeness. The meats can be done in a ragoût, but meatballs are way cuter. This is a dish I can't do, and will not do well. Therefore, when L called for a casual pasta dinner, we were sooooo there. Apparently we couldn't contribute anything to this dinner, and for realshamelessly turned up with only empty stomachs.

Good meatballs use a ratio of ground beef and pork to lend flavors, and that would make it not stink too much of either meat. I didn't ask what ratio of meats L used. I didn't need to know! They were delicious, and that was all that mattered. Whatever spices that went inside these gave them fantastic bite and flavors. I refused to take the last meatball in the communal serving tray. Hahaha. I went for the last scoop of spaghetti. Mmmmmm. Hey, I ain't gonna pass up on tasty carbs done this way! Never underestimate the effort that goes into prepping a superb one-dish meal.

SO MUCH SNACKS WERE TROTTED OUT AFTER DINNER. Popcorn, very sweet watermelon and mango, and two store-bought cakes that were surprisingly low on sugar. I was like, STAAAAAAAAOP. I was very happy with the savory for dinner, and wine for dessert. Hurhurhur. How do I put it? There wasn’t a special occasion (I think I shall take it as Thanksgiving, and a Christmas present); it was a get-together that could also have happened anywhere else. It’s a casual meal at home, and in that, the evening offered companionship and comfort food, and created valuable memories. When friends cook and have us come eat, and feed us wine and dessert, it's always a princely gift.

No comments: