Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Franciacorta at Otto Ristorante


The girlfriend and I skipped the large-plate appetizers, ate only a tiny bit of bread from the basket, and prudently shared a tomato seafood soup at Otto Ristorante. There would be no sharing of carbs for our mains (pasta), and we didn't have enough stomach space to share a secondi piatti of fish or meat.

We came here for the sea urchin pasta. One gorgeous main portion of pasta for each of us. The enthusiastic young server warned us that it would be pungent. OH YES. BRING IT ON. Spaghetti with sea urchin and Sardinia grey mullet bottarga. Mmmmm. It always hits a spot. I let out the same satisfying tiny burp tonight too.

I gotta get up at 5.30am the next morning, so I wasn't keen to drink a lot. Not a whole bottle certainly. Oddly, I wasn't in the mood for the usual glass of red wine tonight. I felt like a sparkling white. Not champagne. Looking at the menu, an easy bottle of franciacorta from Bellavista Wine ought to do the trick. Sparkling and light. Dessert was skipped in favor of finishing the bottle.

Little did I know how apt that bottle of franciacorta would be because the girlfriend had exciting news to share. Wheeeee! I loved it that she waited till our date to tell me that. Well, she could have told me over a text, but there was no urgency in that sense. Hehehe. We live in the same city. Face-to-face chats are a big deal nowadays. Worth a celebration for a few months. Hahaha. What a precious night.

No comments: