Sunday, May 24, 2020

Ikan Goreng Belado


In yet another installation of online meal dates, J and I both had noodles for lunch. Hers was a linguine with blue swimmer crab, and mine was mee kia in soup with minced pork, an egg and a fishball. Teheeheheh.

We had dinner too. Her DIY pasta kit (from Bar Cicheti) of casarecce with basil pesto could feed her for two meals. So she pan-seared a fillet of salmon to go with it. A most convenient and nutritious one-dish meal of sorts. I declined her offer of lunch and shamelessly asked to swop it to dinner because I was newly recovered from indigestion and would like continue with light lunches. For my dinner, she sent me a whole meal from Pagi Sore. Wheeeeee!

Had to restrain J from ordering the whole menu. Banned her from ordering chicken since I've had quite enough of poultry. So she kindly considered my delicate stomach, and put in a prudent order of fish and two other items, in which there would be no leftovers. I had to stop her from even ordering rice. The restaurant offers only white rice, so I might as well cook my own basmati rice at home.

Delivery was efficient. I was a little stunned to open the thermal bag to see a whole fish. A filleted seabass. I had expected a small piece of fillet. Wow! Too generous, you are, J. There were ikan goreng beladotahu telur and sambal okra. Ahhhhh, lovely. The dishes hit every spot. We gobbled it all up. The man was a tad embarrassed to sit down to dinner. He was most perturbed that J overspent in order to feed us both. Hurhurhur. Never mind, food had been sent. We shut up, eat and appreciate it. We'll be sending her many more lunches. Oof! We'll be doing lunch like this for a few more weeks yet.

No comments: