Friday, November 20, 2020

Sewing Up Choya's Toys


The other day I stared at Choya's toys. I was like, 'did we like spend $500 on toys alone over the past year? OMG.' And also those cuddly things we bought for her — but that's an excuse because we wanted it for ourselves. LOL I replace the toys when they've been thoroughly chewed. That explains why. The replacement rate was crazy in the first six months. She had a grand time chewing things. Then it suddenly stopped. 

She has lost interest in chewing. Like, totally over it. She only rips apart toys that she's not interested in. Now she likes to hold them in her mouth as a comfort chew, or treat them as fweends. She will carry them to bed in the nights. She also likes to 'present' us (or visitors) with toys when we come home. I'm sure there're plenty of good brands selling stuffies. But the dog has gravitated towards the stuffies and fluffies from P.L.A.Y and Fringe Studio. They're non-toxic and very well-made. It has probably got nothing to do with the brands. Hahahaha. It's got everything to do with sizes and shapes. 

She still doesn't have a formidable toy box because I don't want that — can you imagine how much washing and sunning I've got to do? She gets a few toys to choose from, and she favors them differently depending on her moods. Of them all, the Starfish and the Clam are her favorites. She does nibble on them a bit, just to stake her claim on what she deems 'hers'. She especially nibbles on them after each wash. Gaaah. The fluff does come out after she does that, and if I don't close up those gaps, I can't wash them. That means, STINKY. To ensure the toys get their weekly baths, and to prolong their lifespan, I had to finally sew them up. 

Meanwhile, another batch of Starfish fweends arrived. HAHAHAHA. The brand had better don't stop producing it. Otherwise I'd have to scramble to find alternatives for the dog. She KNOWS if there's no more fweend. She might even mope, which was what she did the last time I threw it out and didn't replace it. She didn't want other fweends. Oh dear. 

No comments: