Thursday, November 26, 2020

Wines Arrived In Time for Thanksgiving


Collected wine that didn't see delay in shipping although Europe went into lockdown again in November. Bought 16 bottles because I wanted to hand them out as gifts to the friends. Many of them have actually imported their own cases earlier. No point giving them more wines when they already have tons. Heh.

R took on the tedious task of collating our random orders for wines; he liaised with the producers and arranged to import the wines into Singapore, sorting out taxes and such. When collective orders hit a minimum amount that makes sense for shipping and doorstep delivery, everyone wins. Yes, R also got some of these cases for himself, but he doesn't run this as a business, hence I appreciated him taking on the challenges of logistics. 

Sometimes it's easier to jump in with the friends' orders when they buy wine simply because I can just put in as little as I want. I've been pretty much doing that all of this year. I could buy from the shops, but I prefer to look at the friends' curated lists. That narrows down the choices and I don't actually have to think very much about what wines to get from the shops. I'm not a collector of any type of alcohol, and there're no plans to install a wine fridge at home. So what I can bear, is literally not to stock more than 12 bottles at home. My preference is to stock only 6 bottles at any one time. They either sit in the fridge or in the music room, both of which don't hold ideal temperatures. The solution is to drink 'em fast. Heh. 

No comments: