Friday, January 22, 2021

All Types of Face Masks


Now that mask-wearing is compulsory, I've gone beyond stock-piling N95s for those days of haze. I did have a box of surgical masks for days when I'm ill and I wear them out if I couldn't swop appointments or whatever. Those have been used and constantly replenished. I still have the N95s, but those are for heavy duty usage. I've bought loads of surgical masks for daily wearing during this dunno-when-it-will-end pandemic.

By now, I've amassed such a huge collection of masks that it's crazy. Those re-usable masks made of anti-bacterial fabric? They bloody stink after a week's usage. Ugh. I'm trying to avoid those, and simply use fabric masks. Sure, I have those fabric ones in all sorts of designs, flat and 3D. Surgical masks are cut into two and inserted within the fabric. That works pretty okay. 

Then I have the surgical/medical masks in all sorts of designs and different material used for ear-lobes too. To be honest, the disposable medical/surgical masks are the ones that are most breathable. The man is pickier than I am about masks because he perspires so much, and some masks fog up his spectacles so bad that he gets irrationally irritated with them. Hahahaha. And yup, mask acne. It’s totally a thing now.

The girlfriend had gifted a pouch to me that I knew would come in useful at some point. I have a lot of uses for various pouches. Hahaha. It found purpose as a mask holder. It's soft, light and sturdy. When I placed the masks in it, I was reminded of the words printed on the pouch. One side read "breathe". My work year has also begun, and I expect 2021 to be a tough year. How very apt. 

My useful mask holder. 

No comments: