Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Dinner at Miznon

I keep walking by Miznon at lunch but haven’t had a chance to get a take-out. I've heard so much about their pita till I was super curious. The restaurant is essentially a pita bistro, a casual type of restaurant. If you love tahini, chillies, tomatoes, onions and pickles, this is for you. Food is served fast, so you can be in and out of Miznon in 45 minutes or less. 

Made dinner at Miznon happen with D and K. Beers on tap are decent by way of Asahi and Kronenburg 1664 Blanc; they've got Brooklyn IPA in a bottle. Well, we ordered a lager, but the server turned up with an IPA. Dohhhh. I expect those to switch around depending on suppliers. Drinks at Miznon were okay, but I would skip those the next time since I'm not hot about their wines and not fond of cocktails. Hahaha. Beers were okay lah if you really want a tipple. We should get drinks before or adjourn elsewhere for drinks after. 

We shared all the pita. We uhhh cut the pita. Hahahah. The Pita Candy Basket of seared overnight brisket was delicious, as was the Folded Cheeseburger with its burnt cheese bits. Mmmmm.  The man was totally in love with the Chicken Liver Pita. Also had 'out of the pita' sides of hot chickpeas, ratatouille, and batata (sweet potato, sour cream and salt)

One of those loaded pitas will fill me up thoroughly. I think I can do this at lunch. It's lighter than a bagel. In fact, bagels at Two Men Bagel House are super voluminous. I end up only being able to eat half at lunch, and tapau the other half home. I'm definitely coming back, especially for that whole head of grilled baby cauliflower if it's still on the menu. It wasn't available tonight. 

The pita is divine, and I can't believe they actually made it in Israel, freeze them and fly the whole batch here. All because of the different flour need, and a special high-heat oven. Pitot needs to be fluffy, to swell. If the temperature isn't enough, the steam will flatten the bread. May Miznon keep these standards.

Then we strolled over next door to the izakaya for sake. We had to support D, who would be sitting for her certification exam in the sake sommelier course (after an intense facilitator-led two-day workshop). Hehehe. Three little bottles of sake. I won't bore you with the technical details. We appreciated the efforts of the bartender to trot out the bottles for our easy drinking. Hurhurhur.

No comments: