Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Myung Ga III Korean BBQ

I wouldn't have known which Korean restaurant to go into because I couldn't exactly find the name of it on the shopfront in English. Luckily for V's text that told me to look for the entrance to the restaurant that is located exactly to the left of the escalator coming up to the fourth floor of Beauty World Centre. The signboard is in Korean! This is Myung Ga III Korean BBQ. There's a Myung Ga II Korean BBQ at B1 of Bukit Timah Plaza. But I don't know if they're affiliated. Dunno where is Myung Ga I either. Heh.

I wanted Korean food. It was extremely unusual because I'm not a fan of Korean-anything. I don't fancy its food much. I suppose the craving came about because I just finished binge-watching 'Partners for Justice' (2018 to 2019, S1 and S2) on Netflix. In the show, the actors kept eating terrible food like instant noodles at convenience stores or miss out on finishing their dinners at BBQ restaurants. The last time pork ribs featured on the show, it was bought to be taken back to the lab for an experiment. Hurhurhur. So I had to remind myself about the cuisine again. Hahaha. I generally avoid Korean films or television series. This one I like because of forensics, police cases, blood gore, and NO ROMANCE subplot. The leads aren't your typical Korean superstars. They're much older, very real and made the show fairly fun in the portrayal of a young and idealistic prosecutor and a forensic pathologist.

The banchan was decent. Had to share a plate of pan-fried mandu. I love mandu in any form from any culture! V had a spicy seafood stew (haemul sundubu jjigae) that also came with a bowl of rice. She likes her spicy soups! I came from a workout at the gym. I was hungry but not exactly starving. I wanted to save stomach space because dinner was supposed to be huge. I opted for the stone pot rice (dolsot bibimbap) for its vegetables and non-offensive flavors. The gochuchang is offered in a bottle at the side instead of being mixed all in. I ignored that of course. The rice pot held vegetables and bits of chicken thigh. Left the chicken bits and ate up all the vegetables. Didn't manage to finish the rice though.


Myung Ga III Korean BBQ
144 Upper Bukit Timah Road 
#04-04 Beauty World Centre Singapore 588177
Hours: Daily ; Lunch 11am to 2pm; Dinner 5 to 10pm
Email: sgmyungga.3@gmail.com
T: +65 6835 0877, +65 8302 1029 (WhatsApp)

No comments: