Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Keeping Up With The Fitness Regime

Hello. How are you doing? 

Have you fallen off the exercise bandwagon? 

Don't. 

Stay on it. 

I have been less rigorous about exercising. LOL I feel like I've turned pudgy. Feel. That's because abs disappear damn fast. While the existence of abs isn't the yardstick of fitness or health, I use it as a gauge for the level of perceived fats in my body. And that's for me. That's not how I see you. Oh fuck it. Why would you care how I see you. Why would I bother to do that even? Your body, is none of my business.

I flat out refused to go running at all. It's too damn hot, even at 10pm. The idea of sweating it out at HIIT is also...... too hot. I don't have the luxury of an air-conditioned home gym. This is probably one period when I wished I had bought a bigger flat like I thought I would. Anyway. Press ups and planks are the easiest things to fulfill at home. 90-second daily planks and 50 press-ups a day do tone the body and keep it nimble.

My krav maga classes go on with a mask. My requests of coming up with tactics to fend off monkeys, wild boars and otters have bewildered my instructor. He was like, WHUT. HOW. Yup, how is exactly my problem. Explosive movements aren't my forte. I'm so lousy at plyometric exercises. I will never be as fast as the animals. Even if I'm in tip top shape, I'll never be as fast as an aggressive opportunistic monkey. I've come to realize that by simply appearing in their territory and even walking as fast as I can past them, they'll attack too. It's very hard to fend off an animal attack without being injured myself. 

Pilates and gyrotonic classes are still going on weekly. Studios have to get so creative about not letting clients 'share equipment'. So we are allocated set pieces and timings during this period, and we never share. We have also brought along our own personal equipment (towels, Arc, straps, balls) to and fro as well. I'm so glad that these sessions could still continue in the studio. I don't do group classes, so there're fewer rules to adhere by. By now, my instructors are all vaccinated, as are the staff at the studios. Even during the period when we (clients) could have masks off in the studios, most of us still kept them on. It's really in our personal interest to keep ourselves and everyone else safe. 

No comments: