Thursday, October 07, 2021

Savory & Sweet Scones

I was acquainted with Elaine's scones when Kizuna opened last year. When I tasted the scones made for humans, I was quite blown away. Scones aren't meant to be high in sugar content, so I'm open to eating them. The scones baked by Scones et Beurre (via IG) are fairly innovative in taste, and mild. Therefore the nasi lemak scones really tasted savory. 

I'm happy for Elaine that her bakes are selling out like...... hot scones now, all the time. Heh. Pleased that we got an October slot for Choya's PupScones, and also scones for us humans. Her flavors vary month on month, and once the month's flavors are announced, the order slots open on IG via GoogleForm. They sell out fast. This round, I ordered coconut and pineapple, genmaicha and cranberry, and earl gray and fig.

The man loved the coconut and pineapple scones, and liked them warmed in the oven. So I kept all six of those flavors for him. I like the others, especially the genmaicha and cranberry. Since these aren't savory nasi lemak or hae bee hiam, I didn't mind having them warm or cold. Cold scones from the fridge would eventually warm up in room temperature. Hurhurhur. The scones went fast. Hahaha. Oddly, I don't like plain scones with butter and cream or jam. I like flavored scones, and preferably still low on sugar, or if they're savory. These definitely hit a spot. 

2 comments:

coboypb said...

I can't wait to sniff and nibble Elaine's scones in different flavours in a few weeks' time :)

imp said...

Soon you’ll get yours!