Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Labneh at Beirut Grill


Stopped by Beirut Grill after gym for a light and clean lunch. We sat outdoors. At lunch, this side of Bussorah Street isn't in direct sunlight. There're also plenty of fans cooling the outdoor tables. I was already sweaty from the workout, might as well not freeze in air conditioning. I prefer sitting outdoors nowadays anyway. 

I love the restaurant's brunch bowlsfalafel and grilled halloumi, hummus, tabbouleh, kale, purple cabbage, et cetera make for a hearty meal. You could also opt to have protein of Impossible Kofta or real meats of grilled chicken, kofta of chicken or lamb too. I usually never bother with the real meats.

However today, I didn't want a brunch bowl and its flavors. I just wanted hummus and labneh with pita. I like the restaurant's pita — generous, big, fluffy and happy, unlike those miserable little ones at the Greek restaurants in town which lean crisp, very flat and tiny. Beirut Grill serves one of the best labneh (not to be confused with tzatziki) in town, along with its moutabal and baba ghanoush. It's very hard to find good labneh in Singapore. I tend to prefer Middle Eastern hummus compared to Greek hummus. Without the additional tahini or fava beans, it's more watery and less rich. 

The man opted for lentil soup, and a spinach and feta pide. Of course he took some of the pita and the dips too. He loves labneh and hummus and such. He was very happy with all his carbs and spices. We had time before the restaurant closed at 2.30pm. A coffee was in order. Much needed. Lovely. 

No comments: