Saturday, January 22, 2022

A Saturday Morning


We stop by Botanics fairly often, either at the Main Gate / Symphony Stage area, or at the smaller but equally lovely Cluny Gate patch. Choya loves the greens and all its smells. She could pee to her heart's content at all the bushes; it's very easy to get her to poop here too. (She's fussy about poop spots.) 

Botanics at Cluny Gate is a super convenient stop for us when the dog needs to go for a grooming session at Crown Center as well. It's a 10-minute stroll from the gardens to the salon. Choya had a grooming session today. So we went to the Botanics earlier for her to have some fun. We had time to sit down and chill out, and she happily inspected all the bases of the lamp posts, and peed on all of them. 🤦🏻‍♀️  

Each time I drop off the dog for grooming at Crown Center, I'll lurk around the area to wait for her. Week days are not an issue since there aren't many people. But on weekends, it's full of big groups of humans. To be honest, numbers are slightly manageable now since dining groups are restricted to five persons still. Every cafe would be crazy crowded and I'd be hard-pressed to find a table. But I'm usually alone, so it isn't difficult to shimmy in. 

Today, I swung into Micro bakery & kitchen. I've avoided this cafe in the second half of 2021 because of the crazy crowds, long waiting times for coffee and food, and sullen service crew. I've stopped by to get breads and pastries to-go for the friends. I'm not that fond of sourdough, tbh. So I don't care about bakeries that way. I'm still a shokupan girl. 

Today, the bakery was not as crowded; there wasn't a line of people waiting for tables. The man and I had a spacious table with shade. It was a cloudy day. Still humid and hot, but it wasn't unpleasant to sit al fresco. I'm so used to sitting outdoors now. I was pleased to see a short queue at the counter, and a shorter wait for coffee and food to arrive at the table.

I wasn't that hungry to have a savory breakfast plate. The man took a grilled cheese sandwich. Uncharacteristically, I ordered a slice of chocolate zucchini cake. It was a decent iteration; it was still a tad sweet, but I'll live with it. I'm fond of chocolate or orange chiffon anything with olive, basil and vegetables. Oof. That went nicely with my cup of piccolo latte. We both separately caught up on our reading. Within 45 minutes, Choya was ready to be picked up. 

No comments: