Wednesday, May 25, 2022

The new GRUB on Stevens Road


Popped out to an impromptu lunch with S and A to the new GRUB at Stevens Road. I hadn't visited since they closed at Bishan Park and re-opened at this new venue. Okay, it wasn't that impromptu, but we arranged the date at short notice. So it was nice that we all made this window for lunch happen. 

The friends had the truffle tomato fish stew with garlic ciabatta and crispy fish tacos. I opted for a light Atlantic halibut, which came on a bed of quinoa, mashed potato, spinach and a salsa of olives and tomatoes. I liked the food! The ambience is decent too, and the restaurant is taking steps to address the sound issues and echoes in that far corner. We didn't have to rush off and could add on an after-meal coffee to our bill. 

I almost canceled lunch because I wasn't in the right frame of mind because I was worried about Choya. She wasn't well and wasn't out of the woods yet. I didn't bother much about food these few days. No appetite. I only ate a meal a day for sustenance. The man told me to go, and he would be at home to keep an eye on the smol girl, and he could clean up. That definitely alleviated my worries. 

I'm glad I didn't cancel. This lunch was so welcomed. It's such a balm to catch up with them. I needed it. Their conversation and updating me on what was happening in their lives. We lead very different lives, yet we do share a similar outlook on life and living, and similar approaches to problem-solving.

No comments: