Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Uni at NUDE


We sorted out Mother's Day dinner at NUDE Seafood. When a restaurant serves up good food and also bothers to get a license to officially welcome dogs in tow, I show my appreciation by dining there often. I think they've forgotten my name — they refer to me as 'Choya Mummy', and often, address me as such in texts. 😐

The restaurant took pre-orders and offered some weekend specials. Their weekend special of lobster tom yum soup would be wayyyy too spicy for the parentals. The seafood stew that they had ordered would be too fusion for their conservative tastebuds, so luckily there was good old boring chicken. 

I had reserved a whole 'young' chicken that's on the regular menu. The last time I went to the restaurant on a regular week day night, they ran out of chicken. ZERO chicken, the most politically correct meat. Wow. Although the restaurant said that their regular menu didn't require pre-orders, I still did so for the chicken. If I don't do that, the parentals would literally have nothing to eat from the menu. 

The man needed a bit more food. So he added on clams in white wine and abalone tsukemen. Actually, I wanted uni. There were a few special dishes for Mother's Day, and uni was an option for pre-orders. Pre-ordered a box of premium uni (特上, tokujyo). A whole box. It was accompanied by rice and seaweed. Decadent much? Yes. No regrets. Mmmmmm. It was excellent. 

No comments: