Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Guns N' Roses (Again) at National Stadium


I was coerced to go to the Guns N' Roses gig at the National Stadium. I've never been a fan of the band and their lyrics are so sexist bordering on misogynistic. I forgot who's in the band and why they replaced the drummer. I don't even care about Slash or Axl Rose, wtf. That old rock 'n' roll attitude is so passé and tiresome now. I have no idea why I pay so much money to watch aging rockers (or bands). UGH. BUT. This will be the last Guns N' Roses show I'll attend in this life. :P

I still have PTSD from the band's badly organized gig at the Changi Exhibition Center in 2017. I try so hard to control my crowd phobia. I had a meltdown thanks to that. I couldn't even buy water. And they didn't let us bring water into the venue. Because of that, I'll never attend any gigs organized by LAMC again. Fuck you, LAMC. This one is organized by TEG Dainty and G.H.Y Culture & Media. I only agreed to go this round because the husband asked, and it was held at the fail-proof National Stadium. I CAN WALK HOME IF I NEED TO. 

Queues at the merchandise booths were mad. I was like, okay, don't bother. None of us bothered to go early to buy stuff anyway. Getting into the stadium and all was a breeze. I LOVE OUR EFFICIENCY. The MVPs of the night, imho, were the ushers. They led the way, lit the staircases and dim corners and tagged us quickly at entry.  

The ticketing notes stated that doors open at 5pm for General Admission, and the band would come on at 7pm. We were like... REALLY? We took a quick look at the other cities' show time. Saitama began at 6.05pm, Bangkok began at 8.15pm; no opening band. Okay. We obediently got there by 6.55pm and queued for beer. The stadium lights dimmed and the band came on at 7.30pm with 'It's So Easy'. WOW. On time. Yay!

Whoever didn't travel this period, all stopped by the show. Saw so many familiar faces! Axl Rose kept changing his tees. Couldn’t help but see that he wore tees of a vintage book cover of different designs of Gavin Black’s ‘Suddenly at Singapore’ (1961). The Singapore setlist was similar to their Saitama show. Their cover of Velvet Revolver's 'Slither' was pretty decent. Heh. All of us really enjoyed Slash' guitar solo, and his signature Les Paul Standard replica.

The band kept the best for the last. Well, the more popular songs, at any rate. So I came to watch the band, and stood all night to hear... 'November Rain'. Muahahahha. They covered a really really long version of 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door'. Zzzzzzzz. I left after 'Night Train' and when they began playing 'Coma'. I had no patience to wait for 'Patience'. Hahahaha. 

No comments: