Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Dark Chocolate Spread on Shokupan


V returned from her travels with a gorgeous jar of dark chocolate hazelnut spread for me. She could have just carried back light and not-so-bulky pieces of chocolates or cookies, but no, she chose to bring back a heavy glass jar of dense chocolate spread. Awwwww.

Genaveh brands it as 'Noisette à Tartiner - L'Intense'. It's lovely. I already took a spoonful of it. Just like that. Hahahaha. All dark chocolate, as promised. 'The Intense'. Sweet notes, yes, but nothing cloying. The chocolate still took centerstage. 

There're so many ways to eat this. You could dip cheese crackers into it if you want to. Or drizzle it over breakfast granola. My favorite way has got to be chocolate spread on a fluffy piece of shokupan. (I'm not a fan of sourdough. I'm okay with ciabatta.) I don't take that much bread on a weekly basis. I usually buy a loaf of shokupan once a month. At most twice a month. 

So when I next bought a loaf, I went to town with the chocolate spread. That day, I sliced out a thick piece. The hazelnuts are all in there for the sublime flavors. Added walnuts to the thick piece of bread and ate it for tea. Mmmmm.

No comments: