Friday, March 10, 2023

Hot Wings and Hot Sauce, Anyone?


Work has been hectic. That's a welcomed form of busy since I'm put on a retainer by some firms, and get paid by per project/case/paper by other agencies. I churn out translated legal agreements and contracts one after another on a tight deadline. If I'm on a retainer, I can't decline work, and those cover a 24-hour to 48-hour turnaround deadlines, of which I meet without much difficulty. Translation work is my bread and butter, and I do a specialized form of it which pays superbly. The work is highly confidential and I keep them that way. I rarely talk about work now on the blog or with friends or even with the husband since I can't quite discuss the content. Heh.  

After submitting some papers within 72 hours and closing two short-term projects, I had a four-day window of leisure. So I binge-watched all the television shows I had put on hold for the month. LOL I never choose to watch cerebral films or anything 'award-winning'. My brain cells are fried. I have absolutely no space to absorb intellectual art films or anything requiring extra brain capacity to process. GIMME CORDYCEPS, ZOMBIES AND VAMPIRES.

I've been binge-watching different episodes of 'Hot Ones'hosted by Sean Evans. Well, this whole series isn't a film. It's episode of episodes of watching celebrities eat hot wings and see how hot sauces kill their tastebuds. I don't watch every episode — I pick out the celebrities I want to see. Dave Grohl ate the wings like a champ. If that's your thing, catch them 19 seasons (we're on Season 20 now) all shown on YouTube. The show concept is created by Christopher Schonberger and Sean Evans, and produced by First We Feast and Complex Media.


Every celebrity wants to be on the show. Sean Evans is such a fun host. He also eats the wings together with his guests. Gosh. He's got that deadpan face, good vibes and a voice made for television. It's quite cool for the show to also do vegan and vegetarian options for guests who prefer that. I'm sooo entertained because I'm not fond of hot sauces. My issue is not with the heat. I don't like peppers and that sort of fiery spice flavors. I prefer it when spicy foods and sauces come in the form of sambal or in an Asian chilli sauce. Not as hot sauce. 

I usually enjoy watching Gordon Ramsay's shows. He's so bloody entertaining. On 'Hot Ones', he was completely hilarious. I loved his two episodes best! He spat out 134 "fucks" on his first time on the show in 2019. Yeah, they counted. Hahaha. He returned for a holiday extravaganza appearance in 2021, all prepared with his own peanut butter and cream, for a second run at the wings and hot sauces. That was HILARIOUS. 

The clip above has Sean Evans talk about Season 19's hot sauce line-up. We're onto Season 20, and the line up of hot sauces is still insane. There's this one called 'Da' Bomb Beyond Insanity' that's in every season as the #8 sauce on the challenge; it's made with habanero and chipotle peppers, rated at 135,600 Scoville Units. Apparently there's something in the taste of 'Da' Bomb' that's really horrid; everyone hates it. WTF. There're forums talking about the Scoville levels, and I definitely do not want to even taste the 10th and final wing, which is slathered with a hot sauce of 2 million+ Scoville units. If you like hot sauces, you could definitely buy them and erm..... challenge your tastebuds with it. *shudder

Summary of Season 20's line-up from Sauce Mania.

No comments: