Friday, June 16, 2023

Anju for J's Birthday


Celebrated J's birthday at Anju. Got a 6.15pm seating and a nice booth to ourselves. I didn't plan it, but luckily we had a booth. I just zapped the solar lentigines on my face and I didn't feel up to facing the world openly. In this booth, I could hide. Hahaha. We didn't swop out to a bar after dinner. We headed over to the friends' home for another bottle of red as a nightcap. 

Had loads of starters cold and hot. There were black bean mascarpone with olive oil and chives on sourdough crackers, snapper sashimi (domi), squid ink battered oyster with pickled fennel and flying fish roe, the yukhoe of course, and grilled Iberico pork with salsa verde and baby romaine

Pre-ordered a portion of sotbap because the kitchen only made limited portions each day. However, we requested for the server not to mix in that charcoal grilled seabass. We would do it ourselves. I do not like finding bones meshed into my rice. The stewed beef short ribs was a must-have, with a side of baek kimchi. Ordered another bowl of rice along with that to share. They also used barley in the rice. Nice! Mmmm. Carbs. Awesome. Heh.

I had no idea what desserts arrived because I didn't look at the menu and didn't bother to cross check it online. The man and L ordered them. Heh! Anju only has like three desserts for our choosing. I only wanted to have a dessert with a candle just because it was a birthday dinner to celebrate J. Heh. What arrived were a strawberry bingsu of sorts drizzled with condensed milk, and a platter of mochi-donut thingy with a birthday candle for the birthday boy! 

No comments: