Tuesday, July 04, 2023

Floofs All Day!


It has been an exhausting week. I've been mad busy with deadlines and helping out with Maya and Ivy. These floofs can't do a staycation with us; I can't have three dogs at home all day, and their shedding is too formidable for me to deal with this week. The cleaning will be crazy. 

But I'm happy to walk them twice a day. With the schedule so packed these two weeks, and having to care for the floofs this week, I'm over-stretched. I can't hang out with them long on most mornings. So we do a quick morning walk and get in a longer evening walk that gives them plenty of chances to pee and sniff, and includes humans getting dinner and at the end of it, the all-important bedtime pee.  

Ivy isn't as familiar with us. While she will follow Maya's lead, she's still rather timid and has anxiety-peeing moments. Ivy's pom traits are stronger than her husky traits; she requires firm but gentle handling. Maya on the other hand, is totally at home with us, and she does whatever I ask of her. They're mostly Very Good Girls when out at dinner with the man and I. But they need some practice with not reacting too much to people walking by and Ivy must learn not to bark her head off without reason. The pomskies are more 'dog' than Choya is, being regular dogs and fairly well adjusted, and are super food-motivated. 

The fabulous thing is, these three girls get along fine together. They don't really have to play all the time, but they can sit together, chill out and know how to leave each other alone. Or rather, Maya and Ivy understands that Choya needs to be left alone. So I must watch them, but I don't have to be on high alert all the time. That  takes a lot of mental effort. Whewwwww. 

Having Choya as an 'only child' is perfect. I don't need two dogs. No second dog's behavior can match up to Big Sister Choya. I also can't deal with a puppy and its associated pains anymore. Ugh. I still haven't decided if a kitten would be nice. Hahahaha. Except a kitten is as rambunctious as a puppy. That is terribly taxing.

No comments: