Wednesday, August 30, 2023

A Cold Crab at Asia Grand

Thought I should stick to conservative food items to reduce potential IBS flare again. Went to Asia Grand for dinner with V. Totally intended to have a lovely bowl of soup and vegetables. Then I promptly ordered a 500-g cold crab. Hahahah. Well, I'm on antihistamines, so might as well have a bite. Teeehehehe.

Ordered the daily soup, which came as an ABC soup. Beautifully boiled. Teeheheh. This is the ultimate comfort soup. This one totally hit a spot. I LOVE SOUPS. No vegetables arrived except for the two stalks of asparagus with the abalone. The rather easy three-head abalone was worth the $48 per portion. (All about head count of abalone.) Ooof! V chose to have her carbs as Yangzhou fried rice, which was very nicely fried and it rounded up the savory meal. 

This was an extremely welcomed dinner. I was so busy with full-day conferences, translation deadlines and work dinners till I couldn't do coffee or dinner for a bit with V. Tonight's longer-than-one-hour meal was such a luxury. I've missed this girlfriend and missed chatting with her loads. We had space for dessert, and I've not ordered this one, so tried it out — the peach gum bowl, cold. It arrived in A COCONUT. Okaaaaay. Whyyyy. Can we just have it in a normal porcelain bowl? Apparently this dessert takes some time to prep. We waited for almost 30 minutes. Either they forgot and made up an excuse, or they really needed the time to cool down, or chop out the coconuts. Heh. 

No comments: