Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Black Coffee / Filter Coffee


I don't take milk with coffee at home, so a well-brewed cup of piccolo or cortado at the coffeeshops is extremely enjoyable. These used to be my go-to choices of coffee. 

Then I had to switch out to oat milk because, IBS. Caffeine itself doesn't trigger it (although it should), but the mixture of caffeine and milk, OMG. I'm not lactose-intolerant because when I drink a whole glass of milk or have it with granola, the digestive system remains calm. 

From July onwards, I now do black coffee whilst out and about, even at friends' homes. Nespresso works, filter coffee works, and even instant packs of kopi-o-siu-dai also will do. It's rather convenient to get a cup of black coffee without putting out anyone.

My stomach is much happier with plain black coffee. Whewwww. I'm not fond of Americano or a long black. The ratios are always off, and the beans used aren't ideal. If it's not too acidic, it's bland af. My tastebuds and stomach are happier with filter coffee. A cup of filter coffee costs more, but I appreciate all its notes, and they do taste better, of course. 

No comments: