Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Banchan & Kimchi at Nami

When the BFF watched 'A Nation of Banchan' and 'A Nation of Kimchi' back to back on Netflix, she had a serious craving for Korean food. How coincidental that I was headed to Nami for a casual dinner, and the BFF was free; she happily joined us. 

I was sooo tickled. It's always cute when we watch food shows and they give us food cravings. I'm like that too. I do like banchan, and the show gave me serious cravings for some of those items, not the pickles and kimchi, but everything else. Hahaha. I'm consciously not picking up spoken Korean. I will never be able to write the script in hanja or hangul, so I'm not going to bust my brain cells trying to understand the grammar and syntax. Why bother with the spoken language, especially when I don't feel anything about it, and neither do I fancy K-dramas or K-pop.   

At Nami, we ordered the set menu that's apparently meant for 2-pax. It came with three grilled meats, a stew/soup and a pancake plus a side dish of steamed egg. The portions were huge! It easily fed us three! We chose three grilled meats of USDA Prime ribeye, a USDA marinated short-rib, and a marinated pork collar. Tbh, those went so well with a full bowl of steamed white rice. Heh! There was a haemul pajeon and a pork sundubu jiigae. I love Nami's steamed egg. They were quite delicious. Very satisfying. Had beer and makgeolli with the meal. 

Damn, it was a blisteringly humid night. It has been feeling like 38°C in the day and impossible to stay out in the sun. In the night, this felt like 34°C; the actual temperature read 32°C tonight. We sat outdoors. While there were overhead fans and my small little portable one, by the time we were done with dinner, our clothes were soaked through with perspiration. Whewwwwww.

No comments: