Wednesday, February 07, 2024

Galettes for Dinner!


I haven't been to Gather for a while. Then the invite to dinner came along. The shop and chef that inspired the crepes/galettes at Gather, Chef Hatakeyama Taku was in town! 

Chef Taku of Au Temps Jardis in Tokyo would take over the kitchen and churn out crepes at dinner for three days. A set dinner was trotted out for galette enthusiasts to uhhh gather. It was definitely a fun event!

I had calls to field later in the night and such, so an early 5.30pm dinner worked much better. I wondered why they didn't have Chef Taku do brunch and lunch. Two galettes for dinner were really filling. You would really need to like them. There were no other side dishes. 

The set dinner came with a choice of savory galette, and then a dessert of sweet galette. There were three drinks allocated for us, but I only asked for watermelon juice, and water. I didn't fancy cider, and didn't want coffee at this hour. There was hot or iced chocolate on the menu too, but I passed. I really wouldn't have minded a highball. Or sake. Hahahaha.

I opted for a savory galette of minced meat and onions with potato mash, then a dessert of strawberry, sweet milk, raspberry sauce and a very generous dollop of chantilly cream. I couldn't finish the dessert and handed half over to my dining companion. She happily finished the chantilly cream. LOL

No comments: