Friday, March 08, 2024

A Yukhoe Bibimbap


I was doing a number of elimination things for food versus Vitamin D, ferritin levels and such for a whole year. No issues with cholesterol though. For a year and half, so I cut down harshly on beef. I also lost the appetite for giant steaks. 

I've just cleared my last medical. Now, I'm free to be back on however much beef I wish, and get a drink to go along with it. But the stomach still can't do much steaks, and if I do, I prefer them clean and lightly done with salt and pepper; nothing like those aged steaks please. 

Chang Korean Charcoal BBQ seems to be going strong. I'm still happy to pop by on week days to have dinner. We've been going there fairly regularly, and can tell the drop in standards, if that happens. The kitchen is holding their standards so far. That night we stopped by for dinner and we weren't disappointed. It was delicious. 

We were treated to a lovely spread of banchan. Ahhh... this restaurant indeed serves one of the best banchan selections in town. That night's banchan had potato salad, tamago-style omelette, daikon and white kimchi. Anchovies were a hot favorite too. The spread also included a small portion of ganjang gejang — the man devoured it. He was super pleased. 

The table got their usual grilled meats and jiigae that came with steamed white rice. I wasn't keen on jiigae or pajeon. They all held seafood inside, including clams, mussels, scallops and prawns. I passed on all that. I have to really avoid shellfish now. Antihistamines aren't exactly working. I might have overdone it and thought too highly of antihistamines. Anyway, my lips are not healing, and the eyes are itchy. So I need to stay off of shellfish for a few months. 

It rained so heavily through the evening. Made for a cool night out since we sat at an outdoor table. I decided against cold naengmyeon. Opted for a hot stone pot of beef and rice. A yukhoe bibimbap it was! Slurrrrrrp. I was pleased with dinner and the cold cold beer poured into small cute glasses. 

No comments: