Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Back at Virgin Active


Decided to do a trial class at Virgin Active. That was pretty fun. So signed up. Don't need to do gym-shopping anymore. As far as a commercial gym goes, Virgin Active is pretty good. Four years on, I'm back at Virgin Active. LOL 

The gyms are still in their original locations; they've renovated and spruced it up. I need a nice-smelling, clean and spacious gym. VA fits the bill. I've got five different outlets to go to. They've got the class timings I want, and the classes are varied enough to help me hit all cardio goals. I'm not going to bother much with the instructors. I'll just do my own thing in the classes and get out of there. 

I combed through the membership terms and grinned. They reworked the clauses, especially the parts on termination. There aren't anymore loopholes should another pandemic or natural disaster occur. Oh well. Heh. This time, I'm doing a 12-month commitment, with weekly payments. That gives me some psychological assurance; I really hate it when businesses force me to get a package/set and then promptly shutter. WTF. The friends are like, 'if you join this and VA closes down within 24 months, it must be YOU.' 😂

I've popped into a few classes. Did GRID Training, LES MILLS BodyPump, and a few types of the Reformer classes. Exhilarating. I have seriously been too inactive. It does feel very good to be in a calorie deficit again, and still not stinge on my food or a glass of whisky. But I do have to do a lot fewer carbs. Sad. Hurhurhur.

No comments: