Monday, June 10, 2024

NHK 放送博物館


Shuto
-ken told me to visit NHK Museum of Broadcasting / NHK 放送博物館 at Atagoyama. So I did. Shuto-ken is the weather mascot accompanying the weatherman. I'm a huge fan of this little fluffy-stuffy.

It was so coooool that they provided an interactive set-up for visitors to sit in the chairs of the news journalists at the broadcast studios, recreating exactly what you see on the news channel on television. 

The 8K Theatre was a bit of a let-down because of the audio that isn't on par with the screen resolution. It was also playing a very boring version of Swan Lake. At the point of time we sat for 8 minutes or so, we couldn't see the definition of 8K in this dark set. Couldn't they have chosen something brighter or perhaps more action-packed? :P

I wasn't interested in the station's famous broadcasters or actors. I was more keen to see their relics of the 'past' — the older technology used before streaming came in. The piano and the synths. Ahhh... truly old school.

I know some of the giant characters from the cartoons, retired or otherwise. Hahaha. There's Chiko-chan, and Gonta-kun (remember Dekirukana / できるかな?), then there's Little Charo (the dog), and puppets from Hyokkori (ひょっこりひょうたん島). I really liked Ninja Jajamaru-kun! Too bad they didn't make fluffy stuffies of Shuto-ken for sale. (Of course I asked about it.)

No comments: