Tuesday, July 23, 2024

A Big Piece of Yorkshire Pudding


I had a craving for good Yorkshire pudding. That’s not unusual. I love Yorkshire pudding. That was the one thing I ate loads of during childhood vacations in the UK, and at home, the grandmother or her housekeeper would do them for me on Sundays.

Now, it's not easy to find a decent one. There're mini ones and there're bigger ones. COL, Muddy Murphy's, HUB and Tilly's do them, especially for Sunday roasts. These are decent enough. But not that many restaurants offer. I can't be bothered to go to the clubs or hotel restaurants to hunt it down. 

When I mentioned about it to the girlfriends, they suggested lunch at the British Club. Yayy! Both of them are still members at the British Club, so it’s a breeze for me to go by and meet them there. Nothing much has changed at the Club, except for the renovated and brighter washrooms. Heh.

Now, I don’t own any of these club memberships anymore. I held them till I was 30 years old (legacy of child memberships from my parents and grandparents), and then let them go because I was certain at that point that these club memberships have got no value-add to my lifestyle or social circle. The husband too, had his own set of memberships. He held on to them till he was 40 years old, and let them go as well. We don’t even want to hang out at the newer lifestyle clubs, and aren’t bothered to join any wine bar or whisky clubs either. The up side — many of our friends still hold these club memberships, which are honestly practical if you have children. We then get to go, courtesy of their memberships. Wheeeeee.

Anyway, I got my big Yorkshire pudding. I spent a precious lunch with dear girlfriends and as always, we have great chats. I was soooo happy. 

No comments: