Tuesday, August 06, 2024

Broccoli, Only


Once in a bit, I'd buy ingredients for humans and nothing for the dogs. LOL Well, I do cook loads of vegetables at home. I tend to prefer Asian stir-fried greens over oven-grilled asparagus, pumpkin, squash and zucchini things. I can also cook them better than most restaurants can. I like my Asian vegetables under-salted, not mushy and not over-priced. 

That night we were supposed to get takeout for dinner or do the usual Deliveroo thingy. I wasn't sure what we would get, but I decided to add on stir-fried broccoli because I felt like I wanted some greens. For the husband's portion, scallops were included. Seared those separately. I ran out of chilli padi. Had to contend for the usual not spicy big red chillies. And I love putting loads of garlic and shallots in the greens. Hurhurhur. #ImpieCooks2024

The husband toddled out nearby to a nondescript chicken rice place and got two portions. A little thigh meat for me, and breast meat and gizzards and liver for him. I like the skin. Hahaha. But I'd not be eating so much chicken. I'd eat the vegetables. He likes this eatery because they also bother to give a bit of achar., and the rice isn't quite the usual Five Stars or Boon Tong Kee type. This stall's chicken rice tastes a little more homemade.

There was of course, enough food for a lunchbox to be kept for the next day. The husband needs his breakfasts and lunches. So there would always been some form of food in the freezer and the fridge that could be easily thawed and heated up.

No comments: