Friday, September 06, 2024

Eggs and Ham at Beastly Girls

I haven't had a chance to hang out with Smol Girl in the mornings. I've been tied up in calls, panels and conferences. When I finally had a morning free, I decided not to go to gym and took Choya out for a long stroll and then chill out at Beastly Girls

I like the cosy and casual vibes of this brunch joint. It serves up familiar favorites, and offers me to the choice to build my own brunch plate. I'm not a fan of sourdough, and prefers not to have that with my eggs and such. 

My go-to is always scrambled eggs, hash browns, and always, awesome avocados. Ham is optional. But today, I was hungry, so ham was wanted. Choya had burnt off all her morning energy, soaked up enough Vitamin D. She was happy to nap while I ate, and read a book. Yup. I even managed to finish a book over brunch. 

I've swopped out to having iced blacks now. Too hot lah. Need something cold. So after a coffee, I'm totally awake. During brunch, a cold drink is also wanted. I'm fine with iced water. But a freshly pressed cold OJ always feels so luxurious. That's my one indulgence for sugar. 

No comments: