Thursday, August 27, 2026

Choya had Brunch Too


Had a lovely morning walk and when it heated up, we adjourned to Elephant Grounds for coffee and brunch. It was a nice surprise to find out that Choya was also offered a complimentary meal (dine-in only) along with our mains. I said yes. 

It doesn't mean that when the food is free, I would want it immediately for Choya. However, this food item was a sous vide 100-g pack from BOMBOM. It's her usual meals. I trust the brand. Of course I accepted it. As a complimentary promotion thingy, I could only opt for chicken or pork. The manufacture date is in June 2026. That was fine. It stayed frozen in the freezer. 

Chose the chicken. She doesn't have chicken often. She's not intolerant to it, but I think it does up her itch levels, so I go easy on this protein for her. I watched the server prep her food. I didn't want it to be contaminated. The pack was heated up in a steel bowl filled with hot water. When it was ready, it was cut and poured out into the sugarcane disposable bowl provided by BOMBOM. Excellent. I approved of it. Not all servers would know how to be hygienic. This one did. 

I didn't know if Choya would eat it. She doesn't usually eat outside of the home. She is also choosy about what foods are presented to her, and from whose hand. If Momma offers, then her consideration would be whether the food tickle her tastebuds. She smelt it, and said, "Yes please, Momma. I would like to have that." So she did.

Choya cleaned the bowl. Waaaahhh. All right. No more lunch for this Smol Girl. An extra 100g of food today is A LOT.

No comments: