The only reason why I wanted to have a meal at Standard Bread, was to taste its brioche, not because it's a famous Korean bakery. They had savory items too, so these all appeal to me. I'm quite in love with their brioche. I would drive there to buy it again.
The husband wanted a creme brulee caramel French toast. He loved it. That bread was great, and he said that the sugar wasn't too much. I opted for a chicken pesto pasta. It surprised me because it wasn't swimming in cream. It was done dry, and tasted really good. The pesto was on point. That was quite a good brunch. We also got a chicken avocado sandwich (with brioche) to-go.
Our first meal there was great, so we went there for three mornings in a row. Hurhurhur. It was a good lunch venue too, after hanging out at the beach for a bit. The coffee is perfectly fine too. The to-go items were stored in the fridge and great for in-between nibbles, or even for breakfast for the husband if he deemed the resort's breakfast options that morning as utterly morose.
We did our staycation during the week, so on these week days, nobody sat outdoors at the bench. We got the whole space to ourselves. The staff was so kind to our floofs. Our floofs were pleased to hang out in peace. Although one morning, they peered at the going-ons and busy things at the pre-launch and the opening of Pop Bakery.


No comments:
Post a Comment