Friday, September 11, 2026

Sambal Kacang & Ikan Bilis


I can never say no to sambal kacang and ikan bilis. It goes with everything. It isn't the healthiest, but it makes everything so tasty. E's helper remembered that I love it. When she fried up a batch for the family, E packed a bottle for me. Yayyyy! Hehehehe.

Hoarded the bottle in the fridge. It's precious, these homecooked things. There was a day that began at 5am and ended at 8pm. All I wanted to do was to get home and have a hot shower. There wasn't any plan for dinner. I didn't even want to stop by anywhere to get a take-out. I figured I'd just boil up eggs or something.

When I felt more human and took a look at the fridge, I grinned. There were leftovers. Yay! I never mind leftovers as long as they have been properly kept. There was a small minced pork patty and 80g of white rice. That would do nicely. I didn't feel like boiled eggs, so I seared a sunny-side up. I was hungry, but not that much till I needed a full portion of food or wanted to boil up a bak zhang.

Took out the sambal kacang and ikan bilis, added a dash of sambal belachan too. LOVE. There, that was dinner done at  9.30pm. The small portions wouldn't cost indigestion or affect my sleep. It really wasn't too shabby, and absolutely delicious. I was very pleased with it.

No comments: