Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Kick-Ass Prata Party

We were invited to a Prata Party at the friends' home!!!

One of the friends made these oh-so-cute bibs for everyone to protect their pristine white tops from curry spurts! She personally drew every bib and in each voice bubble, wrote different words of 'Awesome', 'Shiok'....etc.

We reluctantly wore the oh-so-cute bibs, ignored our clothes and tried harder to protect the bibs from curry stains! All of us wanted to keep the bibs for posterity!

(click photos for larger images)

It rained all day and cleared up by the time the Prata Party started. It was a cool evening and perfect to have everyone gather for a hot and spicy dinner.

It was so fun having the prata man make us piping hot pratas right in front of our eyes!

It was good fluffy prata. The 3 curries available (chicken, fish and vegetable) were very tasty and went so well with the nasi bryani and the rest of the food.

I made the imp's special salad! ;P I hovered a little around the salad tray to see if people actually ate it. I was a little nervous. Wahahahah. I can't cook. But I can put raw stuff together! I think the people found it edible.

Eating fresh prata at parties is really really cool. By the end of the evening, I had squashed 5 prata bawang kosong in the tummy.

Of course we couldn't miss out on the desserts. The hostess had these magical fingers and whipped up the desserts in super-duper quick time in front of us.

Another friend brought cupcakes and had this gleeful grin on her face because she finally got her wonky oven at home to work and baked this very lovely batch of chocolate cupcakes!

I'm so spoilt by the good food, excellent company and gregarious laughter.

Thank you so much for a kick-ass evening.

*loud burrrp*

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too cool.. own prata man..!! maybe i should do the prata party too eh..? when i come home. ;)

Little Miss Snooze said...

That's really a cool party - tehpeng would have loved it! :P

Anonymous said...

Oh... I have to break my solitude to comment now. :) The food looks great and the bib idea is so very cool and cute!

Anonymous said...

oh the bibs are too cute!!!!!

wildgoose said...

and I thought I can eat a lot of pratas at once, but my 3 is nothing to your 5!

Anonymous said...

they all look so yummy!

kikare said...

my friends and i used to patron a curry place in hk where they have live shows of indian cook making prata, wahahaha, and of course we order loads to dip into the curry sauce!

what's in the imp special? let me guess.....red onion + red onion + red onion.

imp said...

mamabok: do that! do that! it'll be fun!

yellow + opal: they are!

lms + queenie: they are!

wildgoose: the novelty of it boosted my appetite!

kikare: you got it! chopped red onions raw and japanese onion dressing, white truffle oil, 15yrs old balsamic vinegar and top grain olive oil. :)

b.muse said...

So cool!

That will be an idea for my next gathering with the gang. Hee. :)

Anonymous said...

YUMS! Me love prata :) Some great ideas there too.

One of my friends had a penang laksa cum BBQ party and she gave out little baby type hankies with cartoons to everyone - was cute and they really cleaned greasy hands!

Anonymous said...

You have just successfully made the humble prata atas.

Cavalock said...

yah, so this is how the boys and girls from the good side of town have their prata. heh ;)

imp said...

b.muse: an idea indeed!

corsage: so cute! love all these creative people.

JM: ;P

cavalock: also for the expat friends to see prata flipping in actioN!!!