Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Big Building

I've not explored Phnom Penh properly. The last 2 visits were simply too brief. It is Siem Reap that I'm more familiar with. This 3rd visit for work meetings, will be over just quickly. Since I won't get to go to depressing museums on this trip, I'll settle for viewing buildings.

This is the building for Phnom Penh's Council of Ministers. More than US$30 million went into its construction. A major portion of construction budget is ummm....financed by China.

Quite an impressive building indeed. Such a vast expanse of space on its grounds. I'm easily awed by big buildings like this. I'm a Singaporean living on a tiny island- don't get to see beeg buildings at home.

2 comments:

Little Miss Snooze said...

My trips to Cambodia were mission trips. I miss such trips.

imp said...

lms: time to fix another one?