Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cheerful Colors For The Evening


Such fun that Corsage and I arrived at Hua Ting at the same time- which was earlier than scheduled. Yay. I couldn't wait to catch up with the woman. It's been too long!

I've missed chatting with her about anything and everything. We've been so busy. She's one of those women who are also wonderful mothers, but hold on to their individuality. She's got amazing insight each time it comes to work issues- always different from mine and offers a sensible alternative angle, which is often a better way to manage outcomes positively.

We talked about her sister and the friends' 'Project Spare Attire' which has culminated in a flea market happening from 3 - 8pm this Saturday at Home Club. There's been overwhelming response from people donating clothes- ratty, used and new. Awesome. People do respond to community calls. But come Saturday, it'll be a bigger challenge to get people (and friends) to part with their money to BUY these clothes.

I'll gladly donate an amount in place of buying the clothes, because I don't want to end up getting clothes that I don't particularly want. But that's not the point, is it? The mission is to recognize the volunteers' enthusiasm, their efforts and commitment into putting this event together. That, I admire, and acknowledge. So please let me find something pretty this Saturday!

Corsage was in this stunning blue dress that fit her perfectly. I loved the color, the fabric; how it's cut and the scoop neckline, and how she jazzed it up with the belt. I loved the whole vibe of her get-up which was absolutely sexy, sassy and oozing total confidence. I stared a little harder at the belt and dissolved into embarrassingly loud giggles. I brought stuff for corsage and husband in a colorful gift carrier, which kinda matches her colorful belt. Hehhehee. She looked really chic swinging the bag off her arm. Everything matched! I had to take a photo of bag and belt side by side!

5 comments:

Lady J said...

How sweet!!! And I love the bit that everything matched!! Love the shade of blue that Corsage was wearing! My fave shade btw. ;)

Pebbles said...

So mitchy matchy! Definitely a gorgeous array of colors!

Corsage@A Dollop Of Me said...

You takey very nice photos babe! Thanks for the evening where I could just be me! (As opposed to me the mummy ;))

tuti said...

wah you both psychic or what! so matching!

imp said...

ladyJ + pebbles: she's very good with all these colors!

corsage: muahhaha. I is got a good subject!

tuti: random fun!