Sunday, March 05, 2006

Toenails Still Intact


My toenail hasn't fallen off yet.

I didn't give 2 hoots about it after that. I went trekking, continued skating and basically covered it in varnish and ignored it.

Well, so long it wasn't about to fall anytime soon, I don't really care. Heh. At least it still hurts when I press it. That's good isn't it? It's only when it doesn't hurt, that would mean that it's dead.

A dead nail=easy to be pried off anytime. That includes catching the edge of your quilt in the nights. Eioowww.

Over the weekend at the manicurist's, she clucked in horror at the state of my toenail. She told me in this resigned tone that it would take at least a year for the new nail to grow out.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dearie, your toenails don't look good. ah well. all of us will just live with a bruised nail now and then. panic when it actually falls off.

Anonymous said...

you do know that when your nail falls off, no varnish to be put for the rest as well right?

Anonymous said...

your foot looks like you just abused it,then appear at the nail place. quite terrible.

Dawn said...

Poor girl!

Xia_mi_mi said...

Haha..it looks quite bad..coz the last time I went blading I only got a small corner that was bruised...

But aniwae the part on u saying that it got caught on the corner of ur quilt is real gross..made my breakfast churn..ya know... =S

Anonymous said...

whoa. your toenails are like mine. and i'm a guy. hah. come out and do more sports. 'infect' the rest of your toenails!!

shuhuiii said...

yikes.
at least your nails didnt turn a sickly shade of green.
but one year seems like a long time. :/

Anonymous said...

oh yes. it took me 3 years to grow back 6 toenails.

Passerby A said...

Oh dear! This happened to me before too - and the worst thing was I was pregnant at that time. My bump was so big that I can't even bend down to look at my poor nail. I was SOoooOO grossed out!!!! In the end Hubs pulled off the nail for me despite my screaming - it DIDN'T HURT AT ALL! If only I knew it wasn't going to hurt, I would have yanked off the nail myself!

Don't worry, a pretty new nail will grow back very soon after the old nail falls off. Be brave!!!

imp said...

diva: what??!!!! pull off the nail??!!! no way!! no way!!!! no way!! how can you even tahan that??!! to feel the nail being pulled out. i'm very very suspicious. you sure it didn't hurt? i got very low threshold of pain one...

i'm going to have nightmares now. eeks.