Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Creation


I spent the day at the wheel, getting clay all over my clothes and face. Not really sure that this is my cup of tea. But one's gotta try it out at least.

It's no fun doing pottery with manicured nails or clumsy fingers that keep poking holes into the spinning wet clay. Luckily I cut my nails and kept them pristine to play in the clay.

Cup too hard, the shape will go awry and far from what you envisioned. Pinch too hard, it collapses and you've to start from ground up again, and again and again. At the end of those endless hours, my lump of clay remained an unappetizing grey blob. *scowl* After it's fired tomorrow, I don't think it will be any prettier than a misshapen glossy lump.

Said one among them:
Surely not in vain
My substance of the common Earth was ta'en
And to this Figure moulded, to be broke,
Or trampled back to shapeless Earth again. 
~ Omar Khayyam (The Tent-maker, The Rubaiyat)

This is what I was trying to make. This beautiful name-card holder is created by my teacher.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

i tried pottery and i made a cup. but it was the most embarrassing cup ever to grace my dining table!!

but i love it though!

Anonymous said...

my girls and i signed up for pottery class.

end result when our created mugs were seated side by side on the kitchen counter:....

a 33yr old's creation didn't seem much different frm a 3 yr old's.

Cavalock said...

Never tried pottery but I can appreciate the joy of creating something really beautiful of your own.

=^..^= said...

Oooh... your teacher's namecard holder is really pretty. Do post pix of YOUR creation when it's finished! :)

~5-Cat Style

geesmo said...

yes yes!! post a pic up your creation!

coboypb said...

After reading what you wrote and checking out your teacher's website, I feel like learning pottery too. Another thing for me to learn when I have the time :>

Anonymous said...

wah imp. so greedy!!!! newbie only want to do intricate stuff!!

Anonymous said...

Is it really that difficult? Pottery has always been something on my 'to do someday' list. Post pics of the final product! :)

imp said...

oh dear.

do i really have to post a pic??

when i said baddddd blob...i really meant BAD.

*scamper and hide behind shelf*

Xia_mi_mi said...

Waha..that is ur latest hobby? Seems fun.. =)

Well..get your hands to it more often..I am sure you can..And when you do...rem to show ur masterpiece on ur blog wor...Be waiting to see it.... =)

imp said...

xia mi mi: nope. not my latest hobby. just a whim to try.

jo: we all have a talent across ages!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my, very lovely namecard holder!

out of curiosity,what does your blob look like anyway??

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Paris hilton movie Gay preacher blowjob stories http://www.gaydatingservice1.info/2007/05/08/valentines-cards-gay/ demo blowjobs Asian pee fetish Ceterus parabus and latin and math Shemale masturbating img shemales img shemales thblack Boat voyeur fat gay men