Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's Been A Careless Week

I should just stay in bed and not come out.

I fried my laptop. I spilled coffee and salad dressing all over my pristine cream suit.

Then I lost my sparkling 0.82 carat diamond solitaire that I bought for myself a couple of years back.

It's a nice D color in IF clarity. Ah well. It's gone now. I could go get another one from the mall. I could even get an identical twin from the same shop. Solitaires are everywhere. But there won't be much of a point. I have other rings. I just lost the one that I wear daily.

I don't feel too gutted over it.

So last night, my grand plans to swim were thwarted by the incessant rain. The girlfriend and I wound up at the mall hoping in vain that the rain would stop after a sandwich dinner. I was whining to the girlfriend how eeeky the week's been. I rummaged around the purse for coins to pay for the big cup of yoghurt.

Then dang, my 20cent coin fell right into the yoghurt taster cup below.

Haizzzzzzzzz.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no. poor thing u!!! hmmm. must find new daily ring for imp. get something else. a statement ring. not a solitaire lah. aren't u so over it already?

Anonymous said...

Next week will be a great one to make up for this week's unfortunate events. :)

- hobomobo

Anonymous said...

aiyoh. i hope the person who picks it up in dishonesty gets allergic to it or something!

Anonymous said...

oh no, sounds bad! anyway i do believe your luck will turn around soon. and you'll be blogging about how you found back your solitaire! :) take extra care for now!

Anonymous said...

Murphy's visit. Shite...
LXLB

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good reason to ask for a present since you lost the one you originally bought! :-D

Anonymous said...

oh no.... I lost my diamond ring 3 years ago in a beauty salon, and I have not gotten over it YET!!
Oh noo.. poor Imp.. *HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG*

You are not careless lah. I think you must be distracted or something. Hope everything is ok with you and you need to just unwind and start all over again. Ok?

There, I suddenly recalled, I gave you a ring! I'm sending you all my good wishes through that ring. Oh.. another big HUG! *HUGGGGG*

Jo said...

ah now can. *hug* again babe!!

imp said...

jazzgal: naah. not missing it so much. will get another daily ring.

hobomobo: yea!

queenie: HGAAAAh.

yuling: i don't think i'll get it back. but i hope the luck turns soon!

LXLB: UGHGGGH. it's been a long visit! i want to tell it to go away!

ame: cannot leh. heheheh. i must buy my own!

jomel: :) i like hugs!!!

ShutterBug said...

Wow... Murphy's Law @ Work...

take heart.. there's always a better tomorrow! :D

Anonymous said...

Awww.. poor babe!

Am sure things will be all good again next week ;)

*huggies*

imp said...

shutterbug: totally man.

cherie: i want it to be!

=eLaiNe= said...

erm...sometimes it is just not your day, but dun worry, tomorrow will surely be a better one!