Friday, January 23, 2009

Ginger Tales

I had a grand time laughing at a dear friend's blog post.

She marvelled at the different types of ginger in the supermarket and took a photo of it. The caption below the photo read:

"There was mango ginger, lesser ginger (which makes you wonder if the other gingers laugh at it), tumeric and other roots."

I had to beep her on msn. Seeing this was a late night conversation, I bet you we made perfect sense to a third party.

imp says: "lesser ginger (which makes you wonder if the other gingers laugh at it)," Priceless!
imp says: versus lesser mortals.

scully says: well didn't it make you wonder?

imp says: i think i better be a normal ginger.

scully says: Normal Ginger : HA. You Lesser Ginger you
scully says: *Lesser Ginger moves to back of line*

imp says: normal ginger might end up at le cordon bleu.
imp says: lesser ginger ends up at the zi char stalls.

scully says: poor Lesser Ginger
scully says: but then again they all end up dead. so maybe it doesn't matter!

imp says: OH DEAR.

scully says: tis true
scully says: as Lesser Ginger and Normal Ginger are parted for the last time. and Lesser Ginger says, "it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known"

scully says: or really the whole thing does Lesser Ginger say , "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known"
scully says: then poor Lesser Ginger loses his head on the chopping block
scully says: *clomp*


imp says: i'm convulsing in hideous laughter right now.

scully says: tsk, tsk, poor Lesser Ginger's death is a laughing matter?
scully says: i propose we observe a moment of silence for all gingers, great and lesser.


If anyone wonders why we were having this sort of conversation, it all stemmed from this great flurry of insensitivity.

3 comments:

dsowerg said...

Ah, that was one of my favourite quotes... massacred unfortunately by scully.

Little Miss Snooze said...

Lesser Ginger :: And I know I am for greater things. I want to be chopped by a Le Cordon Bleu trained chef.

imp said...

eveline: HEH. we all love that line. so much.

lms: muahahahhaha!!!!