Sunday, August 30, 2009

Behind The Logs

For a good portion of the 3-hour ride to Ho Chi Minh from Vũng Tàu, our mini-van was trailing behind and between 3 of these beeeg trucks.

Our driver drove in the typical Vietnamese zigzag along the roads and blast-car-horn-like-mad fashion. Being not asleep, I was made very nervous by his darting in and out and around these 3 heavy trucks.

I was eyeing those logs most warily. They didn't seem all that secure to me. The drivers of the trucks bearing these logs didn't exactly go slowly. I didn't trust those logs to stay where they are. UGH. Scenes from Final Destination 1, 2, 3 and 4 flashed through my mind. You know, creatively, how people could die in the strangest manner? Death by being smashed in the head by falling logs from a truck along a dusty Vietnam road would consist of one such dramatic bloody splat worthy of a minor alternative in the movie.

I took a deep breath, plugged in the ipod, closed my eyes and decided to go to sleep.

5 comments:

gerbera said...

final destination?! aiyoh. you've got an overactive imagination lah.

tuti said...

haha. best way is indeed to switch off and zz.
glad you came back not a splat, lol.

Jo said...

Haha wise move! If it had been me, I know I won't be able to sleep.

Anonymous said...

that's the kind of things i imagine too whenever i'm nervous in such situations. you're right, the best way is really to sleep it off. haha...
D

imp said...

gerbera: but of course!

tuti + d: easier to ignore!

jomel: must, otherwise i won't be able to look at any other things!