Tuesday, September 08, 2009

A Streetcar Named Desire, Sydney

There are other productions that I really wouldn't mind watching. But the dates didn't permit. It was the 'A Streetcar Named Desire' that stole my heart. The man made this trip for Ben Folds (and a leeetle bit of work) and I made it for Cate Blanchett.

Cate Blanchett is like my favorite actress, on both film and stage, ever. Her grace and stage presence make me swoon.

The Sydney Theatre Company's 'A Streetcar Named Desire' would not be the same without Cate. I hope that scar on the side of her face would fade away soon. What a trooper she is for carrying on like that even when injured!

It was a stellar night, one that was worth giving up our confirmed seats at Tetsuya's, thrice over in a heartbeat. It was very probably because of her that the production already boasted of a sold-out season.

Read reviews here, here and here.

No comments: