Friday, December 18, 2009

Chilling (Thawing) Out


I made a date to hang out at the girlfriend's before she goes away for her Christmas holidays. (She has like, 40 full days of annual leave, excluding gazetted public holidays. WAH.) So today, under a wool coat, I went casual.

It was a bright sunny morning. There was sunshine! Yay. I stopped by at Lantana for a cappucino and enjoyed the morning hush and crisp air.

When I got to the girlfriend's, her cupboards were all thrown open and she was busy packing. So I also ended up helping her do whatever she ordered me to- fold clothes, transfer toiletries into small containers, etc.

Luckily she isn't travelling by British Airways, so the planned strikes and ongoing talks aren't worrying her. Still, she has bought strike insurance. Heh. Note to self- if I travel Eurostar or any European airline, I must buy strike insurance.

The girlfriend turned on the heaters. Nice! She made lunch to feed me too! Savory oats with eggs, pumpkin cubes and tiny bits of ham, wilted spinach and tomatoes! Awwww. It was such a good day with plenty of laughter and hugs. By the time I left her flat for the long stroll home, the sun had disappeared and the rain made its appearance. Freezing too. Ugh.

6 comments:

kikare said...

ok tomorrow I shall drink a cappuccino and think of imp :)

b.muse said...

Haha your gf knows to cook you oats! ;)

imp said...

kikare: please do! nightey night!

b.muse: she reads the blog mah and was so tickled about it because that's about the only thing she can cook, next to soup noodles. hahaha.

ame said...

argh. you keep posting beautiful yummy pics of coffee!!

mochalatte said...

i can has cappucino too ;p
ald planned to escape company's stupid event on 24th..wahaha..! enjoy ur trip ya..!

imp said...

ame: don't you just lurrrrve the coffee?! it's awesome eh!

mochalatte: have a good xmas break you!